Everybody loves a good smartphone or tablet release these days. We are suckers for something new and when it comes to something that makes life easier, is modern, is fast, and is affordable – we are all over it as a species. At the moment, the current flavor is a smart home. This is not a home run by robots – technically – but it’s also not a home that thinks for itself. It’s a home that’s packed with appliances that make life easier to manage. A smart home is often filled with appliances that are connected to Wi-Fi.
With an ever-growing range of robotics assistive devices such as the ones you find on this Roomba i4 review, voice-activated appliances, and even assistance available to us, we are making housework more streamlined and living at home much easier than it ever has been before. With this in mind, here are six smart appliances that your home absolutely needs if you want to be in the 21st century.
- A robotic mop. You will have seen the review for a robotic vacuum cleaner, but what about the mops? Robotic vacuum cleaners are not new, but there are developments that have upgraded from vacuum cleaner to a robotic mop that will clean your floor via a schedule that you can use on an app. Users could even initiate cleaning via voice control when the robot is paired with an Alexa. These robotic mops are going to make cleaning the kitchen and the dining areas of your home easier than ever before.
- A window cleaning robot. Yes, there are window cleaning robots these days, cleaning the oven and cleaning the windows are always the worst home household jobs that people vote on. Most people hire oven cleaners or window cleaners to do the work for them, but with the window cleaning robot, you can take a robot vacuum and turn it into a window cleaner that suctions itself onto the glass and gets your windows glistening. You won’t have to lift a finger and it will even dry the windows for you afterwards. Cleaning glass in the home is not the easiest thing to do especially if you live a few floors up. With a robotic window cleaner, you get a smart appliance that your house really needs.
- The Google Nest Hub Max. If you’ve not had a smart speaker before, you will want one after you see one of these. The Nest Hub Max has a 10 inch HD screen that allows you to watch TV, look through your Google photos, and keep it on your home with built-in cam features. It’s one of the best ways to make your home smart because it’s going to have more than one thing to do. This clever little device is also hard in the kitchen because it can assist you with recipes, time is and even conversions all while playing your cooking playlist through the house.
- A smart refrigerator. There are plenty of amazing appliances that have upgraded to be able to create ice or funnel water through your plumbing in your refrigerator. A smart refrigerator, however, has the capability for you to store shopping lists, tell you when you are running low on things and can even autolock the refrigerator for you. This is a handy feature if you’ve got children in the home and you need to keep them safe.
- A robotic lawnmower. If you don’t want to keep hiring a gardener, and you don’t have the time to mow the lawn, then stop wasting your weekends maintaining it! You can claim back to weekends with them the works land right, which is a battery operated and robotic grass cutting machine. It can cut up to 1000 m² of one charge, which means that you can get through your front and your back garden all in one weekend with only one charge. It’s going to keep your lawn clear and keep your landlord off your back.
- A Thermomix. It’s been marketed as the most advanced kitchen appliance around because it can do so much in one. You can chop, beat, mix, whip, milk, knead, mince, grate, juice, blend – you need that you can do it all with one appliance. The TM6 of the Thermomix innovation does all of this and more, and you can use it for hot foods or cold foods, soups or smoothies. One of these in your kitchen is going to make a massive difference.